This guide from the National Coordinating Centre for Public Engagement (NCCPE) in the UK in collaboration with UK university scientists, advises on using social media effectively for public engagement and was published in 2018.
It offers advice on how to get started and provides helpful information that explores:
- Purpose – what you want to achieve and who you want to engage with
- Platform – which tool to choose to achieve your aims/purpose
- Content – how to make shareable, relevant and accessible content
- Review – how to evaluate social media and measure impact
- Risks – what are the risks and how to manage them
The guide also provide a list of useful resources including links to digital evaluation tools, engagement examples and reports.
Download the guide here
The NCCPE have guides on working with local radio, digital media, news media, TV and podcasting. Search their resources here.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Project Report: Women in STEM: A science mentorship program to inspire young women and girls in Malawi
- Project Report: PowerPack of SuperScientists: Reframing gendered narratives to empower female scientists in South Africa
- Project Report: Creative Arts and Social Inclusion: Engaging communities with substance misuse and HIV in Zimbabwe