The International Patient and Public Involvement Network was launched in London on 27th November 2017. Our vision is for a world where patient and public involvement is an integral part of health research. Our mission is that by working together we will build a global partnership that shares knowledge and promotes, supports and strengthens patient and public involvement (PPI) in health research.
Our objectives are to:
- Promote and raise awareness of patient and public involvement in health research
- Support and enable patients and public to be involved in health research
- Develop ways of sharing experience, knowledge and expertise of PPI in health research
- Work with organisations across the globe, including those from low and middle-income countries
- Learn from each other and build capacity for patient and public involvement in health research
- Support the assessment of the impact of PPI in health research on practice, policy and outcomes
- Develop international standards and policies for patient and public involvement in health research
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/globalppinet?lang=en
We have a series of Cochrane Learning Live webinars all dedicated to the topic of Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) in health and social care research. Find out more HERE.
Over 250 organisations and individuals worldwide have already expressed an interest in joining the Network, from Australia to Zimbabwe.
We are still seeking your views and comments on our intent, the priorities for the network, as well as your expressions of interest to be part of this Network. You are warmly invited to complete the survey.
Taking part in the survey will take up to 15 minutes to complete depending on how much you have to tell us. If you are aware of other national or international PPI organisations that might be interested in being part of this network, please do feel free to send them the link to this survey.
If you have any questions relating to the survey or the international network, please contact Richard Morley who will respond on behalf of the Network development group.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License